Market Minutes 3.2.2015

MERCHANTVILLE FARMERS MARKET MINUTES

Introductory Planning Meeting March 2, 2015 - 7:30pm to 8:30pm

 

1. Reviewed previous meeting discussion points and decisions.

 

2. Roles:

Chair/Market Coordinator – Ryan Middleton - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Social Media Guru – Carrie Rupnow-Kidd - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Communications/Email Holder - Joan Brennan - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Music Coordinator - Nicole Island - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Local Business Liaison – Katherine Swann - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Events & Borough Public Liaison - Andrew McLoone - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Special Activity Coordination Committee –Kerry Mentzer (Lead) - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.Nicole Eiland - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.; Katherine Swann - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.; Mona Wilson - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Document Review Committee – Lisa Marks - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.; Kerry Mentzer - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Applicant Review Committee – Pearson Barlow - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.; Judith Ward - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

 

3. All to assist with vendor recruitment update group on outreach efforts. Look at Crafter’s Guides and Coop Kitchens.

 

4. All feel free to put Market info out but please update group of any Market related website or event calendar posts.

 

5. New lead on Market Special Activities – Kerry Mentzer volunteered as lead with assistance from Nicole, Katherine, and Mona

 

6. Market Philosophy approved: To provide an active and entertaining family oriented atmosphere offering a variety of local, handmade, and homemade goods and services with a focus on sustainably farmed and organic options.

 

7. Branding – selected new logo8. Promotion ideas – discuss in more detail at next meeting to hit April deadlines –preliminary ideas are Social Media, Natural South Jersey Awakenings, City Paper, Observer,All Around Penn, Weekend in Inquirer, hit schools before summer, Camden Catholic playbill.

 

9. Agreed to give free market week for vendor referrals resulting in partial or full registration10. Vendor suggestions – farm contacts – honey, eggs, meats, berries, cooking oils, etc.

 

11. Brewery may not be allowed. Andy is researching.

 

12. Discuss banners and flyers at next meeting.

 

13. Vendor locations – decided to designate spots for pre-paid vendors and others on a weeklybasis. Ryan will create map and send ahead for vendor locations.

 

14. Andy will request funds through Taskforce

 

15. Katherine will coordinate local businesses to attend two or three markets for free. Twobusinesses allowed per week a max of three markets before paying. Can sell if they like.Will have a designated local business spot at the market.

 

16. Nicole will coordinate music and pay will remain $40 per 2 hour block.

 

17. Will use volunteers each week, one for morning and one for afternoon, with a lead coordinator onsite – usually Ryan but others as needed. Do more outreach for volunteers.

 

18. Updates on To Do List:

a. Ryan will send final rules and application with added request for merchandisephotos.

b. Ryan will draft Nonprofit Vendor Rules & Application for Review

c. Ryan will have suggested changes made to logo and also have more simple versioncreated for Facebook. Also start creating some ad size promotions with the logo andmarket details for review at next meeting.

d. Everyone reach out to at least two vendors each. Update group on efforts.

e. Andy will prepare Borough application (with location, crossing guard, dates, etc.)and make request of $500 from Taskforce. Also research rules for brewery vendor.

 

19. Next Meeting: March 30, 7:30pm at The Station?

Read 26 times

Last modified on 09/23/2018

Login to post comments
Go to top