Additional Boro Closures and Actions Responding to COVID-19
Effective immediately, and consistent with the directives contained in Camden County, Proclamation of Local Emergency and guidance from both the CDC and State of N.I officials, all Borough of Merchantville playgrounds, public bathrooms and water fountains located within any and all parks in the Borough arc hereby closed to the public. Park locations will remain open as outdoor only facilities during regular operating hours. Additionally. the Borough is instituting the following additional measures to continue to provide as much service in a safe manner and relief to the residents, businesses and visitors alike:
• Extending a grace period of ninety (90) days to the Sewer Utility bills that are currently due on April 1. 2020. No interest or penalties will be placed on those bills if paid on or before June 30. 2020.
• For all Certificate of Occupancy inspections occurring while the State of Emergency exists. the Borough Code department will offer the opportunity to perform the inspection via Facetime or other video-conforming tool. This will allow us to respect social distancing while still performing the service to allow for business to continue.
• All construction code and sub-code inspections will continue to occur in a regularly scheduled manner. For inspections in occupied homes the inspection will occur. but residents can expect such inspections to take longer than normal due to certain procedures/precautions that our staff must take. We understand the importance of these inspections and will continue to perform them as quickly as we can in a safe manner.
• The Borough has secured a Zoom account through which it will be able to conduct all public business. Meeting invites will be made public through official social media accounts and this tool will allow the public to participate via video conference or telephone as the Borough Council meetings will otherwise be closed to public participation during this State of Emergency. We encourage interested public to go to https://www.zoom.us and download the app to your computer or mobile device.
• To avoid inefficiency in Borough response to the needs of residents. businesses and visitors, we ask that should you be unsure of the department you need to mach, please call extension 303 and leave a message and we will be certain to route the call accordingly.