Risk from Gas Leak Averted

Risk from Gas Leak Averted

Earlier this morning Merchantville Fire Department - Niagara Fire Company's Engine 1291 responded to the 400 block of West Maple Avenue, at the corner of Browning Road, for a gas leak in a vacant brick dwelling that was being renovated. Contractors accidentally cut a gas line and gas was freely flowing through the interior of the building producing elevated readings upon arrival. Fire crews stretched a dry handline (firefighting hose) as a precaution and laid a supply line. The gas line was secured by PSE&G and the building was ventilated without any incident.

Read 588 times

Last modified on 06/25/2019

Published in Boro
Login to post comments
Go to top